Artist Spotlight - Jan Lainoff

Fluid Stroll   7x11 acrylic   $200
Pre-virus: Life is a straight forward line with complications few.
It’s only the occasional mild distraction that walks our imagination forward. 

Boundaries   10x10 mixed media   $200
Covid-19 birthed boundaries, constraints, shelter-in-place isolation 
and prayer-like precautions to ward off the unknown disease & contagious fear. 


"As an artist, I’m split:  I love words. I love art. I love reading.

Growing up in a Kentucky family of two boys & two girls, I was the oldest daughter.
The family ‘Artist’ was the youngest daughter. Me, well, I was 'The Mouth.' Sometimes ‘Big’ preceded ‘Mouth.' Affectionately, most days.

In high school, I became a speech student, careening between Debate & Oral Interpretation. Somewhere along the way, I fell in love with voices and the power of words. Speech Student became Speech-Language Pathologist, where I commenced with purpose & passion. I could give voice to the non-verbal, whether it be sign language, picture systems, dedicated speech devices or today’s talking computers. The art my sister taught me, I used as a tool for self-expression, a bridge into the speaking world.

Then came retirement:  I love words. I love art. I love reading.

So… I paint. My canvases tell a story. Read what you will into them."

Procession   20x16 mixed media   $300
Mandated social distancing is amended into ‘physical' distancing 
as we rediscover WE NEED EACH OTHER in our fluid stroll. 
Our commute becomes a decreed six feet of separation or six feet under. 

Scarlet Horizon  11x16 acrylic   $200
Death mocks newspaper headlines. 
 The slot machine numbers become our shared horizon. 
‘How to’ 1,2,3,4: avoid, sidestep, dodge, escape... 
the promised... more deadly…. second wave?

Waiting for Godot   21x25 mixed media   $400
Life transmogrifies into a meme/silhouette, an existential waiting 
for the arrival of the elusive, the invisible... that’s already among us.

Click here to learn more about Jan's work.

To purchase any of the artwork shown, click here to submit payment online via PayPal. Include the artist's name and title of the art in the note field. We will confirm a "no-contact" porch pickup appointment with you via email.