Artist Spotlight: Sharon Tama



"Life is full of moments waiting to be captured on canvas. As a result, the subject matter of my paintings is broad in scope and continually evolving. 

To date, my works include human portraiture, including children captured in their most candid moments, animal portraiture, as well as images inspired by safari, works celebrating nature such as moss-encrusted gnarly oaks, paintings of sheer whimsy, and even non-representational abstraction. 

It is exhilarating for me to paint while exploring the vast world of color, light, and emotion.

I utilize acrylic paints on canvas because of their versatility and quick drying properties. 

I often find myself smearing paint with my fingers to meld colors on my canvas, and acrylics lend themselves to this beautifully."