Artist Spotlight: Carla W. Gelbaum

Wish You Were Here #1   30x40 Acrylic    $3000
"This painting showcases a joyful relationship between the past and present, manifesting a new reality that dares to be both nostalgic and full of enthusiasm for the future. It includes images of impossible encounters and of a setting that blends my dreams and memories. With the implication that a photo is being taken, this painting is a reflection both of my life and my wish that my loved ones, from the past and the present were here with me now."

First Bloom   18x24 Acrylic   $450

Third Bloom   18x24 Acrylic   $450

"The flowers in these paintings are a humanistic and optimistic response to the cold and cynical world we face today. They fill each canvas, bursting forth with the power of life and hope.



I have been painting with acrylics for about 15 years - however, I have always been a working artist. It is part and parcel of who I am!

I received a B.F.A in Design and a M.F.A. with distinction in Printmaking, at the California College of the Arts. Besides acrylics, I have used watercolor paints and made monotype prints.

Carla W. Gelbaum has lived in Moraga for the past 22 years. She is a member of the Lamorinda Arts Alliance and the Lamorinda Arts Council.


To purchase any of the artwork shown, click here to submit payment online via PayPal. Include the artist's name and title of the art in the note field. We will confirm a "no-contact" porch pickup appointment with you via email.