Artist Spotlight: Rachel Zhang

rachel zhang
Greek Summers

"As an artist, I aspire to convey both an appreciation of the natural world and a curiosity of the whimsical and fantastical. I want to capture the vibrancy of life through colors and composition, and transport the viewers into a more idealized world. 
While I tend to stay within the realm of realism, a grounding foundation established by my long-time art tutor Ms. Jenny Gu, I find myself experimenting more with bright colors and artistic topics. 

At the age of 16, there is much to my style that I have yet to discover, and I find myself inspired daily by other artists, both of this gallery and in the infinite archives of the internet. 

Since dabbing in a few junior art competitions and recently starting an account on Instagram, I hope to expand my platform and share my passion for visual arts with more people."

Rachel Zhang