Artist Spotlight - Eric Vandetta

Inductive Reasoning

Eric Vandetta is a teacher at Wren Avenue Elementary, an arts magnet school here in Concord. He has been creating digital art for about 12 years, and exhibiting for a little over a year. 

When asked what keeps him motivated to create, Eric says, "To be honest, it's pleasing myself that is most inspirational. When I look at a picture and know it's done (at least temporarily), I think, 'I made that and I like it!' It's pure pleasure.

Inductive Reasoning is inspired by my affection for the religious art of the Renaissance - the dramatic poses, angels and other objects flying through the sky, the fluidity of the images, and the richness of color. This picture brings the style a little closer to our time with the addition of the fence and lattice. 

Pretend You Don't Notice


Pretend You Don't Notice started as a photo of a tree. In fact, that tree led to five completely different pictures. I created the landscape, then I saw a deer's head camouflaged in the picture, so I created the two deer from scratch."

Learn more about Eric at Vandetta-Art.com.